Senior Lift’s staff are professionals with vision, experience, and credentials that affirm their qualifications to provide Workforce Development training and Emerging Technology training for older adults, the underemployed and unemployed. For many decades and before COVID-19, the Digital Revolution has been a driving force in our society. Emerging technologies are associated with every walk of our lives. COVID-19 is a pre-curser that has created an urgency to set immediate timelines to maximize the implementation of these technology strategies. These strategic moves are designed to infiltrate and dominate our world’s systems.
The old workplace was changing at a gradual pace but suddenly it has moved rapidly to fulfill the needs for technology implementation into every sector of our livelihood. Many of the old workplace structures are being re-evaluated and tested to see if they possess a strong technology foundation to survive and be productive in this COVID-19 Pandemic. This workplace shifting has brought our work environment into a dimension of a “new normal.” This “new normal” will affect society in ways that will broaden the Digital Divide. Digital Divide is the defining moment between the “Haves and the Have-Nots.” Workers who will be vastly affected are the unskilled, the minorities, and others with low-incomes.
It has motivated our professional team to plan and be prepared to deliver technology training through the virtual platforms for distant learning. Senior Lift gets the opportunity to re-write and re-design our efforts toward preparing older persons and underemployed/ unemployed people to learn the technology skills needed to enable them to secure meaningful employment that empowers them and improves the quality of life for their families. New and enhanced technologies are going to necessitate new roles for those who possess the right skills to participate. Senior Lift has positioned their agency to become a vital player in the role of equipping individuals to move their lives forward and “not be left behind” because they have lost jobs or their current job is requiring a solid background in technologies. The “new normal” will upgrade the trends on how management will monitor the efforts of their employee’s responsibilities, utilizing digital clock in and out, and tracking their daily tasks virtually. Management will be utilizing video conferencing platforms more frequently as a more accurate means to train and interact with employees.
Senior Lift’s professional team is passionate towards training, preparing and sharing our knowledge to assist those in need of meeting their lifelong career goals. We inspire our participants to think beyond just getting a job, instead we encourage them to focus on their value and their abilities to secure employment that is a part of the cutting edge job market. The changing workforce expects employees to be prepared to transfer their skills from a hands-on physical environment to a remotely virtual environment. Senior Lift’s role is to build a visual and mental compass of hope and direction whereby our participants can understand how they will benefit through welcoming new information aimed to develop new mindsets and new behaviors that will be useful in order to succeed in the changing workplace. Employees must also understand how teamwork is critical and how it is implemented in a digital work environment for team collaboration.
“Workshops are available to enhance a successful workplace environment and add job readiness skills for our participants.”
Senior Lift, a nonprofit Older Adult Digital Training organization, is looking for a WordPress content developer intern that will modify our WordPress website, and create additional pages and content. This is a fully remote position working with management, consultants and Senior Lift’s digital marketing agency. Advanced programming skill is not necessary, but a working knowledge of WordPress and Photo Shop is helpful.
• Virtual meetings with Senior Lift and agency to discuss website design, content and function
• Designing and building the WordPress website front-end
• Work with WordPress themes page builders and plugins
• Conducting website performance test
• Help improve SEO performance
• Strong verbal and written communication skills are required
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills and follow- up skills
• Ability to learn new software programs
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Enthusiastic and passionate about learning about digital marketing
• Contribute to content strategy brainstorms
• Stay up to date on social media trends and popular talent
• Proficiency in WordPress, Microsoft Suite and Adobe Photo Shop
• Some experience as a WordPress Developer
• Good understanding of website architecture and aesthetics
• Enrolled in a full-time degree program such as Marketing, English, Communication, or related
• Good communication skills
JOB POSITION/DESCRIPTION: Virtual Administrative Assistant
Job Opening Date: October 2020
Location: Job Duties will be performed remotely
Hours of Commitment: 15-20 hours weekly; required scheduled flexibility that supports workload
Reports Directly to: Executive Director
Virtual Administrator performs administrative task to enable Exec. Director to focus on sustaining operations of technology platforms. Administrative Assistant provides admin. technology support to enhance the program’s mission, goals and objectives. As needed, the Administrative Assistant will provide support to the entire technology team.
Schedule: 15-20 hours weekly; reserving flexibility to support workload increase
(1) Internships under academic criteria (Stipends available)
(2) Independent/1099 status – compensation negotiable
(3) Volunteer Staff Welcome! based on professional administrative background
Assoc. Degree in LAS +2 years providing administrative support
Candidate with exceptional/detailed technology and admin skills will be considered
Internship under academic provision and guidelines.
Will train Intern/Candidate with strong detailed administrative and technical skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office 365, Win 10, Outlook, and contact/management databases
Specific Job Duties
· Organizing electronic files – maintain and updating info for participants and staff
· Creating and Editing power-point presentations
· Follow-up special projects, team members, contracted staff, vendors and agency supporters.
· Proofreading correspondence, contracts,
· Assist in the HR administration tasks for employees and subcontractors
· Create, manage, email platforms. (Proficient in Outlook)
· Assist in maintaining website functions and its submittal output
· Arrange and confirm meetings, special events and travel plans.
· Assist in accounting/expense/fundraising reports to be compliant with 501c3. (Proficient in Excel)
· Familiar with video messaging, instant messaging, virtual video platforms: presentation materials.
· Detailed and analytical oriented, ability to multitask
· Effective oral/written communication skills, work independently
Additional Soft Skills a plus!
· Passionate, patient, and resourceful
· Excellent listener and apply problem solving skills within their scope of responsibility
· Organized, time management skills